On 7/31/20 2:01 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
There may be half way decent ISPs in the US, but I haven't seen one in over 20 years since the last one I was aware of stopped dealing with residential customers. They were a victem of the "race to the bottom" when not enough residential customers were willing to pay $10 per month over what Comcast or US-West was charging for half-assed, crippled internet access).

I think there is probably a good correlation between size and desire to be good and provide service.

I've found that smaller ISPs (who actually try as opposed to cheating people) tend to be better. Sadly, many of these Mom & Pop type ISPs were consumed during the aptly described race to the bottom.

:-(

I still do consulting work with a small M&P ISP in my home town and I have a small municipal ISP where I am now. Both are quite good in many regards. Unfortunately, neither of them offer IPv6.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die