On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 10:02:34PM +0200, n952162 wrote:
> In all of the imagemagick display installations I have, when I use the
> image edit draw function, it includes an opaque background, rather than
> just the lines themselves.  I've never had this with display(1) before,

First you use draw, which is used in convert, and then you speak of display.
The latter is there to – well – display an image. My understanding of IM
mechanics is basic, but just this evening I was working on a small IM-based
script of my own.

Drawing is done on a canvas. So unless you start with an existing image file
as a basis, IM needs to pick a default background colour, which in your case
seems to be black.

> and can find nothing in the internet about it.

Have you tried the IM website?
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/draw/
https://imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#background

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

The quickest way to a man’s heart is through his sternum.