Good evening all,
Just got home from an entertaining evening in the grogshop and decided to do update the Gentoo install whilst winding down. I've done an:

        eix-sync

followed by an

        emerge --ask -NuD world

and am now confronted with a huge list of thingies that need rebuilding. For example,

[ebuild   R    ] media-video/ffmpeg-4.3.1  ABI_RISCV="-ilp32% -ilp32d%"

is amongst the 249 items that want to rebuild. I do have some valid updates on top of these but 249 rebuilds that appear to be triggered by ABI_RISCV.

        Is there a simple way of stopping this? Can I just place something such
as:

        ABI_RISCV=""

in the make.conf file and that will tell portage that even though I think the idea of RISCV is interesting, and all power to them, I don't need it on an AMD 64 bit machine hence don't rebuild all my stuff.

        Any guidance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

        Andrew