Hi.  I am having problems doing emerge @module-rebuild to update my
kernel to linux-4.19.144-gentoo.  I copied my previous .config from
128-gentoo, did make oldconfig then did make bzimage, modules and
modules_install without problems.  So, I then tried to do emerge
@module-rebuild and got strange results.  I get when emerging
wireguard  endlessly repeated lines like the following:
# Do not try to update included dependency files
and when I try to emerge sys-zfs/zfs-kmod it hangs on checking on
whether modules can be rebuilt.

I thought it might be some kind of permission question, but updating
all directories in the kernel tree to o+x, or even changing the
ownership of the entire tree to portage.portage, but no joy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una