On 05/10/2020 17:01, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 05.10.20 um 17:19 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

So my issue seems to be: non-working arcconf doesn't let me "enable"
that one drive.

Some kind of progress.

Searched for more and older releases of arcconf, found Version 1.2 that
doesn't crash here.

This lets me view the physical device(s), but the new disk is marked as
"Failed".

Does it think the disk is a negative size? I looked, your Tosh is 2TB, and the other I looked at was 700GB. The raid website says a lot of older controllers can't cope with 2TB or larger disks ...

Actually, the device information seems to confirm that - Total Size 0 MB ???

# ./arcconf GETCONFIG 1 PD  | more
Controllers found: 1
Physical Device information
       Device #0
          Device is a Hard drive
          State                              : Failed
          Block Size                         : Unknown
          Supported                          : Yes
          Transfer Speed                     : Failed
          Reported Channel,Device(T:L)       : 0,0(0:0)
          Reported Location                  : Connector 0, Device 0
          Vendor                             : TOSHIBA
          Model                              : MG04SCA20EE
          Firmware                           : 0104
          Serial number                      : 30A0A00UFX2B
          World-wide name                    : 5000039A08327484
          Total Size                         : 0 MB
          Write Cache                        : Unknown
          FRU                                : None
          S.M.A.R.T.                         : No
          S.M.A.R.T. warnings                : 0
          SSD                                : No