On 14/11/2020 18:48, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Probably the cause for me running into so much difficulty converting from
openrc to systemd is there is no path for systems using systemd unless
they're using uefi and going multi-user also, I tried doing the conversion
during installation and not as a post-install job.

I certainly hope not!

My system is BIOS at the moment, I have no desire to mess things up by switching to UEFI, and I will be well upset if it doesn't work with systemd.

Oh - and my host system I'm using to set up gentoo is openSUSE 15.1, which is systemd, and happily boots with bios/grub.

Cheers,
Wol