On 2020-12-06, Arve Barsnes <arve.bars...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Dec 2020 at 21:25, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > emerge -cpv python:3.7 will show you what is keeping 3.7
>>
>> Something's wrong.
>>
>> That lists 43 packages. I checked the first few, and none of them require
>> python 3.7.
>
> If you have not completed the world update yet, all those are probably
> still installed as 3.7 packages. You could try updating all those to
> 3.8 only first, if you have not done the world update yet.

I can't update world.

After adding python3_7 to a bunch of setuptools stuff, it now refuses
to update because conflicting vesions of something are required
resulting in a slot conflict.

I think it's both setuptools and certifi that have required version
conflicts, but I can't figure out how to determine what's requiring
the older versions of those two.

At the end of the emerge output is says:

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

and then there's ~150 lines of stuff in which indentation and color
appears to be significant...

--
Grant