On 2020-12-06, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2020-12-06, Arve Barsnes <arve.bars...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you have not completed the world update yet, all those are probably
>> still installed as 3.7 packages. You could try updating all those to
>> 3.8 only first, if you have not done the world update yet.
>
> I can't update world.
>
> After adding python3_7 to a bunch of setuptools stuff, it now refuses
> to update because conflicting vesions of something are required
> resulting in a slot conflict.
>
> I think it's both setuptools and certifi that have required version
> conflicts, but I can't figure out how to determine what's requiring
> the older versions of those two.
>
> At the end of the emerge output is says:
>
> !!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
> !!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:
>
> and then there's ~150 lines of stuff in which indentation and color
> appears to be significant...

I ended up uninstalling packages mentioned in those 150 lines 2-3 at a
time and until emerge was willing to update world. I don't know
exactly which package was the problem, but the update is running. It
in includes chromium so it will take a couple days to finish. After
that I guess I start trying to re-install what was removed.

--
Grant