Michael Orlitzky <m...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 12/6/20 11:57 AM, Martin Vaeth wrote:
>> Michael Orlitzky <m...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Why are you focusing on /tmp and /var/tmp?
>> Because only world-writable directories are the ones which
>> can be exploited unless the tmpfiles.conf author does
>> something malevolent or extremely stupid.
>
> This is completely untrue

You are right: It is untrue that even /tmp and /var/tmp are
under danger if the *.conf files are neiter malevolent nor
stupid.

On my system there is no such file, and I have quite some
packages installed. I doubt that any gentoo package contains
such a *.conf file which could trigger a problem even on /tmp or
/var/tmp, even if that should not have been deleted on boot.

> but I'm not about to get into an argument over something
> that you can easily check yourself. Caveat emptor.

Such a statement without a proof is called FUD.

If you find a *.conf file in some package or ebuild which
constitutes a problem for proper usage of opentmpfiles,
you should post it.