Dale schreef:

>> Alexander Skwar wrote:
>>
>> Don't send out HTML, please. Especially, if you don't make use of
>> HTML features, as it then only wastes bandwidth with nothing useful
>>  being added.
>
> Well, I'm trying to find out where to change it in Mozilla.

Speaking of settings, mail can be set to be sent as plain text by
default in Thunderbird/Mozilla Mail as follows (the settings given are
for Thunderbird, but the Mozmail settings are very nearby in terms of
finding them, if not exactly the same):

To set all outgoing mail to be composed as plain-text:

Acount Preferences=>Composition and Addressing under the relevant
account=>uncheck "Compose messages using HTML format"

Right underneath that, there is a checkbox dealing with quoting:

If "When I respond, quote the original mail in my reply" is checked, use
the drop-down menu below it to change "Start my reply above the quoted
text" (which is default only because the word "above" comes
alphabetically before the word "below", it's not a judgement of
preference or usefulness) to either "Start my reply below the quoted
text", or "Select the quoted text" (if you want to trim first).

Or uncheck the box entirely and quote nothing (though that's not a good
idea on this list, really).

To set mail to this list only as plain-text, while leaving all others as
whatever you want:

Preferences (not Account Oppions, regular Preferences)=> Composition;
under HTML and Send Options; Text Composition behaviour (not exact; I'm
translating from Dutch, as that's what my desktop is in, and my Dutch is
not perfect, which is why my desktop is in it :-) ), click the
"Advanced" button and go to the "Plain Text domains" tab. On this tab,
click the "Add" button, then in the field that comes up, enter

lists.gentoo.org

and hit OK.

This marks all mail going to this domain (which covers all our mailing
lists) as only being able to receive plain-text mail. So no matter what
you compose it in, Mozilla Mail/Thunderbired will convert it to plain
text when sending (because you told it that that's the only format the
domain will accept , which is kinda true-- most mailing lists will
reject HTML mail outright, this one won't, but this ridiculously long
argument should be proof enough that the list doesn't like it).

You can, of course, add any domains of other mailing lists you might be
on as well.

Hope this is helpful to at least some of those floundering through this
thread; learn to use your programs, people, is all I can say.

Holly