On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:43:31 -0500, Dale wrote:

> Keep in mind, I do not want to disable ALL emails, just this one
> script.  How does one disable emails for this one cron job?  Do I have a
> typo or putting it in wrong place maybe?  Everything I found shows this
> should work but obviously I'm doing something wrong.  Again, error
> emails are fine.  I don't want successful runs tho.

cron only sends an email if the job produces any output. If the script
follows the *nix principle of succeed quietly, fail noisily, you should
only get emails when things go wrong. However without seeing your
mail-backup script, it is hard to say what needs to change.

The "|| true " part means this cron task will always return success, even
if the script fails, which possibly is not what you want.

--
Neil Bothwick