On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 12:35 AM William Kenworthy <bi...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Look at the odroid HC4 - I am using 5x the older HC2 version for moosefs
> - they are USB3 based but work well in this application.  They are arm32
> but 64bit is not needed.

I like the idea behind the HC series Odroids, but being limited to 1-2
drives per node seems a bit contraining.  With the USB3 approach there
really is no limit to how many drives I can put on a node, as long as
I don't mind the performance drop.  I'm more concerned with static
storage capacity in this case.  If you're using 1Gbps ethernet then I
guess two drives is already going to saturate the network if they're
able to read sequentially.

--
Rich