On 2021/12/20 at 11:17am, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Hi, what is a usable piece of software in portage to do a quick edit of
> a movie? (cut start/end and maybe splice a bit in/out of the middle?)

I've not seen anyone mention OpenShot. It is in portage, but masked for
some reason.

As someone else mentioned, you do have to create a project and then
export. Really, though, the "create project, make export choices" is
only like an extra minute or two of your time. I usually don't even save
the project for just some simple trimming.

Alternatively, there are sites that do video editing. I like veed.io
just because it can add and then translate subtitles (which I need for
my job), but I'm sure there are many others.

--
Chris Spackman (he / him)                           ch...@osugisakae.com

ESOL Coordinator                            The Graham Family of Schools
ESL Educator                            Columbus State Community College
Japan Exchange and Teaching Program           Wajima, Ishikawa 1995-1998
Linux user since 1998                                 Linux User #137532