Spackman, Chris wrote:
> On 2021/12/21 at 05:13pm, Wols Lists wrote:
>>> I've not seen anyone mention OpenShot. It is in portage, but masked for
>>> some reason.
>>> As someone else mentioned, you do have to create a project and then
>>> export. Really, though, the "create project, make export choices" is
>>> only like an extra minute or two of your time. I usually don't even save
>>> the project for just some simple trimming.
>
>> It may be a minute or two of YOUR time.
>>
>> For someone who doesn't "DO" video editing, it can easily turn into
>> hours of debugging trying to work out what does (or doesn't) work.
>>
>> Sorry, but you can't assume we're all video whizzes like you ... :-)
>> That's why we want something dummy-proof!
> Wow, sorry, didn't realize this was such a sore issue. Especially
> considering we've already discussed several command line programs in
> this thread.
>
> To export:
>
> 1. press the red circular "export video" button (or go to File =>
>    Export Project => Export Video);
>
> 2a. [optional] change the name of the video in the export window that
>     pops up;
>
> 2b. press the "export video" button at the bottom of the window. Here,
>     for me, the defaults work fine.
>
> I did it three times in less than a minute, double checking the accuracy
> for this post. So, not a huge inconvenience.
>
> Of course, if the defaults do NOT work for you, then you do not want
> something "dead easy", you want something that will read your mind and
> do what you want, somehow, automagically.

As someone who has experimented with video editing software, I can
understand Wols on this.  What some of us needs is something similar to
'video editing for dummys' except we need the software not the book.  At
one time, I wanted to remove like 20 or 30 seconds on the beginning and
about the same on the end of a few videos.  Hours later, still couldn't
figure it out.  Heaven forbid I wanted to remove something in the middle
as well or add a second or so of black screen.  O_O

This coming from someone who was able to figure out Kicad and get
circuit boards made.  Just saying.  LOL

Dale

:-)  :-)