If you have Gentoo, you have to resist the temptation to give in to
despair. If you do, good things usually follow.

Lee 😎

On Mar 23, 2022 at 3:15 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 3:05 PM Wol <antli...@youngman.org.uk> wrote:

> On 23/03/2022 20:31, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Interesting. Having moved to Kubuntu it's just Kubuntu to me, and it's
> > what I don't like about becoming primarily a Kubuntu user as you end
> > up much more 'detached' from all this stuff. However my important apps
> > also 'just work' and vendors provide answers which they seldom did
> > when I was running Gentoo.
>
> I guess that's because there's only one Kubuntu. The snag is every
> gentoo is one of a kind ... :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

<hehe> Yeah, ain't that the truth! I'd likely be a Gentoo user if anyone
built and maintained a 'standard', stable distro, something delivered
in primarily binary files. I just lost patience dealing with all the issues
you guys deal with daily.

I still have a bit of my gentoo-users folder going back a few years.
One of the older threads I saved was actually talking to Peter in
2005. I built my first Gentoo machine in 2001, about a year after
Daniel started the distro. Kudo's to Peter for making it this far!

- Mark