If your *reason* for wanting to remove rust is the compile time, bear
in mind there is also a rust-bin package these days.  There are an
increasingly large number of major packages that have rust as a
dependency, so it's getting harder and harder to get away from.
Obviously anything from the mozilla foundation, but there's a lot of
others too.

Miles