On 08/07/2022 07:44, Dale wrote:
the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
On 7/7/22 21:50, Dale wrote:

You found a solution that works.  That's great.  Now you can get back to
doing more important things.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)

By upgrading one of my system, I've just noticed this behaviour is
enforced (I think) by new package that was pulled by emerge:
[ebuild  N    ] gnome-base/gnome-keyring-42.1  USE="pam ssh-agent
(-selinux) -systemd -test"
Upgrading just "chrome" did not ask me for any keyring password.

I don't use gnome, I use XFCE but I guess one of the package pull this
as a dependency.

Could disabling a USE flag remove that dependency?  It may not be
google-chrome itself but something else it depends on.  Using the --tree
option may help here.  Masking the keyring package may force emerge to
shine some light on what needs the package as well.  It should grumble
about it being masked along with what needs it.

Sort of odd that something like this pops up all of a sudden with no
notice of the change.

So why am I glad my USE= includes "-gnome" :-)

Although I don't use Chrome, so I wouldn't notice anyways :-)

Cheers,
Wol