Dale wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>> On Saturday, 6 August 2022 07:07:26 BST Dale wrote:
>>
>>> Well, that settles that then.  I guess it will be Surfshark.  Pretty
>>> sure it is in the Netherlands but may be wrong on country.  I just
>>> recall it being outside US jurisdiction.  I also read they have been
>>> audited by independent people to ensure they have no logs even if asked.
>> Surfshark gets good reviews and it offers the wireguard protocol with the
>> ChaCha20 cipher for better encryption and performance.  However, the
>> Netherlands is part of the EU and 14 eyes, so I would think similar state
>> powers exist to access your private communications and the ISPs would have
>> no
>> way of refusing and staying in business.  Surfshark offers a warrant canary,
>> but it looks more like a marketing statement to me when you compare it to
>> something like the Qubes digitally signed canaries.
>
> I forgot about the 14 eyes thing.  Do you know of one outside that that
> is good?  The bad thing about most, they are pricey if done by the month
> for testing.  You only get a good deal if you subscribe for a year or
> even two years.  I don't want to subscribe and then find out it is a bad
> one.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

I did a quick google search and Surfshark is based in British Virgin
Islands and is outside the eyes countries.  I was thinking it was
Netherlands but wasn't sure.  When I searched for VPN outside 14 eyes
country, Surfshark is highly rated.  Depending on the site, it's in the
top few each time.

https://earthweb.com/vpn-outside-14-eyes/

https://www.privateproxyguide.com/best-vpn-outside-14-eyes/

Unless there is some good reason to avoid, still thinking of using it.

Dale

:-)  :-)