On 26/08/2022 00:56, Dale wrote:
Wols Lists wrote:
On 25/08/2022 19:59, Dale wrote:
While at it, can I move the drives on LVM to another system without
having to copy anything?  Just physically move the drives and LVM see
them correctly on the new system?  I may try to build a small computer
for a NAS soon.  I'm not sure what is the least I can buy that will
perform well.  I need to look into small mobos to see what options I
have.  I mostly need a CPU to handle moving files, memory to pass it
through and lots of SATA ports.  I figure a fast card for most SATA
ports.

https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid

That might be a good read ... I know I push it a bit, but it does go
into disk management a decent bit.

If you can think of any improvements, they'll be welcome! :-)

It seems I've been to that link before, may even have it bookmarked,
somewhere.  I'll give it another read tho.  After all, it has to be good
or you wouldn't share it.  ;-)

I think it's saved a lot of bacon over the years :-) Even if I've mostly edited it. I haven't written much of it from scratch.

Cheers,
Wol