Hi Rich

On Mon, Dec 19, 2022 at 6:30 AM Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
<SNIP>
> My current solution is:
> 1. Moosefs for storage: amd64 container for the master, and ARM SBCs
> for the chunkservers which host all the USB3 hard drives.

I'm trying to understand the form factor of what you are mentioning above.
Presumably the chunkservers aren't sitting on a lab bench with USB
drives hanging off of them. Can you point me  toward and example of
what you are using?

I've been considering some of these new mini-computers that have
a couple of 2.5Gb/S Ethernet ports and 3 USB 3 ports but haven't
moved forward because I want it packaged in a single case.

Where does the master reside? In a container on your desktop
machine or is that another element on your network?

<SNIP>

> 2. Plex server in a container on amd64 (looking to migrate this to k8s
> over the holiday).

Why Kubernetes? Is the Plex server safer when not being used? How
long does it take to spin up an instance and do the TV apps understand
this operation? Or would it be up and running all the time?

Thanks,
Mark