Hi there,

I'm trying to setup a nextcloud instance inside a DMZ that has no direct
connection to the outside world, only via proxy. The proxy itself is working
fine, but I fail to configure nextcloud to actually use this proxy.

According to the docs, I tried setting the proxy field in config/config.php,
i.e.

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'proxy' => '10.46.1.109:3128',
  'proxyuserpwd' => '',
);

But this setting seems to be ignored, tcpdump does not show any connection
attempt to that ip and nextcloud complains that it cannot connect to the
internet.

In another forum I found that in
/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/10_nextcloud_vhosts.conf, environment variables like
HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY may be set, i.e.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    SetEnv HTTP_PROXY 10.46.1.109:3128
    SetEnv HTTPS_PROXY 10.46.1.109:3128
</VirtualHost>