Now that the (no)multilib problem in my latest update has been solved,
I have a somewhat minor complaint.  Can I get etc-update to skip certain
files?  My latest emerge world wanted to "update"...

1) /etc/hosts (1)
2) /etc/inittab (1)
3) /etc/mtab (1)
4) /etc/conf.d/consolefont (1)
5) /etc/conf.d/hwclock (1)
6) /etc/default/grub (1)
7) /etc/ssh/sshd_config (1)

...hosts is critical for networking.  consolefont allows me tp use the
true text console with a readable font, etc, etc.  I have my reasons
for making certain settings, and keeping them that way.

--
I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe; Gopher, Netscape with
frames, the first Browser Wars.  Searching for pages with AltaVista,