No, I did not change anything, during kernel upgrade only run: make oldconfig

but nvidia-drivers-525.105.17 compiled  with a note:
WARN: setup
Detected potential configuration issues with used kernel:
  CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE: is set, recommended to disable and switch to FB_EFI or
    FB_VESA as it currently may be broken with >=kernel-5.18.13 + NVIDIA:
    https://github.com/NVIDIA/open-gpu-kernel-modules/issues/341
    (feel free to ignore this if it works for you)

Though, I got same note compiling nvidia-drivers-470.182.03  and kernel boot
normally showing text.

WARN: setup
Detected potential configuration issues with used kernel:
  CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE: is set, recommended to disable and switch to FB_EFI or
    FB_VESA as it currently may be broken with >=kernel-5.18.13 + NVIDIA:
    https://github.com/NVIDIA/open-gpu-kernel-modules/issues/341
    (feel free to ignore this if it works for you)

I don't use EFI on these systems.
So make me wonder if has all to do with the nvidia-driver.