On Monday, 27 November 2023 23:14:14 GMT Laurence Perkins wrote:
> [...]

I suggested enabling the SPI modules because they are used by the CPU to
communicate with various sensors, adjust clock frequency between components
and thereafter to receive signals a/synchronously to control temperatures.
Theoretically, a fail-safe system would thermally throttle, or over-cool the
CPU, when any of the critical SPI signals is lost.  I can't say I understand
why without some temperature sensor feedback the CPU decided to overclock
itself.  I would have thought these days oscillator crystals or equivalent
capacitor circuitry would be internal to the CPU die, so the CPU frequency
control would be self-contained.  Either way, this seems to have been the
problem.