Michael,

On Tuesday, 2023-11-28 10:13:56 +0000, you wrote:

> I suggested enabling the SPI modules because they are used by the CPU to
> communicate with various sensors, adjust clock frequency between components
> and thereafter to receive signals a/synchronously to control temperatures.

What exactly do you suggest?  My kernel (6.1.57) configuration contains:

   $ grep SPI /usr/src/linux/.config|grep -v SPIN
   CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS=y
   # CONFIG_SPI is not set
   # SPI RTC drivers
   CONFIG_RTC_I2C_AND_SPI=y
   # SPI and I2C RTC drivers
   $

I played a little  with the  "/" and "?" commands  of "make menuconfig",
activated "CONFIG_SPI"  and found a lot of controllers and drivers,  but
nothing obvious to enable additionally.   However, apparently activating
"CONFIG_SPI" also activated

   CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_ADI=y
   CONFIG_SND_SPI=y
   CONFIG_SPI_DYNAMIC=y