b.n. wrote:

>> Polite and respectful.
> They don't look that much.

Well, I always thought that using the words like "please" is a sign
of respect to others. On the other side, some of replies included
phrases like "...it bloody matters!..." or "how the hell would we
know...!" or "Jarry needs variable BRAVE_YET_DUMB=1". Although
such words do not sound good to me, I would never dare to say their
authors are arrogant...

> have told/added something like "anyway please sorry if I looked
> arrogant, I didn't meant to". Then we could have agreed.

Not problem for me, just did not find any reason to do it...
But what about those who do not look arrogant, but are arrogant?

> For example (you wanted examples, so I give you):
> ">which version of portage you are running!
> Do you really think it is important? Because since I'm using Gentoo,
> I do not take care about versions, portage does it instead of me."

I asked the question seriously. When I switched to gentoo, everybody
told me "...c'mon, come'n'try gentoo, there are no versions like in
redhat, suse or debian, it is always updated!...". Suddenly there are
versions...

(BTW, I wrote I was impressed by portage speed last week, during
 upgrade. It means I could not have old portage version)

> Taking a simple joke this seriously doesn't make you look superior. In
> fact you look much more childish than the original poster. If you were
> really a superior intelligence, you would have at least asked yourself
> *why* so much people were laughing at your post.

Aha, now I understand! I should have probably answer:
AND_YOU_ARE_EVEN_BIGGER_FOOL_LOL=1
That would have been probably even better simple joke, huh? :-)
<now THIS is sarcasm from me, I would never write something like that>

> You copy-and-paste the manual (implicitly stating we're all
> morons that have never read it)

I copy&pasted it to let you know where I got that idea...

>> Strange, when someone who signs his emails with just one character
>> wants to give me lessons about being arrogant...
> ?
> And that's two characters, BTW (a letter and a dot :P )
> m.

OK, that's "cool", I will use it from now! :-)
J.