On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:14:18 +0100, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:

> > mplayer also allows you to redefine all of these in its config file.
> > You don't have to worry about it being intuitive when you get to
> > choose the key bindings.
>
> but xine does it right without the need of editing the conf, so in my
> humble opinion, xine is better - I am lazy ;)

No, you just used xine first, so its controls appeared more "intuitive"
to you. If you'd got used to mplayer's controls first, you'd have the
same complaint about xine.

Very little about computer user interfaces is truly intuitive, it's just
a matter of what you are used to.

--
Neil Bothwick

furbling, v.:
        Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or bank
        even when you are the only person in line.
                -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"