Jules Colding schreef:
> Hi,
>
> Todays "emerge -vauDN world" failed with gnupg not being emerged. The
>  reason seems to be that I am emerging a new kernel too. This new
> kernel has obviously not been configured/build yet which makes gnupg
> unable to find .config in "/usr/src/linux/". I expect this problem to
> go away when the new kernel is up and running. emerge output below.
>

> Best regards, jules

Or, you could just change the /usr/src/symlink back to your
currently-configured kernel, emerge gnupg, then change it (the symlink)
back to point at the new, unconfigured kernel.

I take it you're using the 'symlink' USE flag, which does this
automatically. I usually do too, and had a similar problem with a
different program just a week or two ago. Fortunately, I noticed that it
was going to happen before the emerge proceeded (I was getting a new
kernel, and upgrading the ati-drivers package, which I know must compile
against a configured kernel), so I just disabled the 'symlink' USE flag
for the new, about-to-be-downloaded kernel *only* (and learned that you
can manage specific versions of an app in /etc/portage/package.use), so
that the symlink was not changed, and the ati-drivers emerged normally
against my current, configured kernel.

Then I manually redirected the /usr/src/linux symlink to the new,
uncompiled kernel for the later kernel upgrade. So I only had to do the
redirect once, and it all worked out fine. Of course I had to re-emerge
the ati-drivers, but that's normal anyway when upgrading a kernel.

Holly