Richard Fish <bigfish <at> asmallpond.org> writes:

> > *  net-analyzer/jffnms
> >       Latest version available: 0.8.2
> >       Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]

> net-analyzer/jffnms is not part of the official portage tree, nor is
> it in the online package database.  So there are only two ways this
> ebuild exist:

> 1. It was previously a part of portage, and has since been removed, in
> which case the next emerge --sync will end up removing it from your
> portage tree.

bummer.

> 2. You installed an ebuild manually in either the portage tree or
> portage overlay.

Nope.

> Are there any copyright or CVS comments at the top of
> /usr/portage/net-analyzer/jffnms/jffnms-0.8.2.ebuild?

dunno, the dir does not exist, yet an emerge sync
shows the package. The system was last sync'd on monday
the 21st of Nov.

How do I retreive the old ebuilds, so I can keep working on the
ebuild or use it as a basis to finish the ebuild package for
jffnms?

Bugzilla 92501  was the original request.

I wonder why it wass abandoned before it was ever finished?

James