Mick schreef:
> Richard Fish wrote:
>

>> On 11/30/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Are you running cups?
>>
>> And if so, post the output of:
>>
>> grep -v "^#" /etc/cups/cupsd.conf | grep -v "^$"
>>
>> for both systems.
>

> Thanks Richard, this is what I get from box 1 (this is the client):
> =========================
<snip>
> Order Deny,Allow

> Deny From All Allow

> From 127.0.0.1

<snip>

> Allow From 127.0.0.1

</Location>

 =========================

> This is what I get from host 2 (the server):

> =========================

<snip>

> Order Deny,Allow

> Deny From All

> Allow From 127.0.0.1

> Allow From 192.168.0.2

> </Location>

> <Location /printers>

> Order Deny,Allow

> Deny From All

> Allow From 127.0.0.1

> Allow From 192.168.0.2

<snip>

> Any wrong entries?

What I see is:

I assume the printer is connected to the server--- but the server only
allows connections from localhost (itself), and 192.168.0.2.

If 192.168.0.2 is not the network IP address of the client (host 1),
then the connection is denied.

If the printer is connected to host 1... well, that only allows
connections from localhost (itself). Connections from everywhere else
are refused.

So what I would suggest is that the server allow connections from the
network as a whole, or the specific network IPs of the various networked
clients.

According to the well-commented cupsd.conf file:

# Allow: allows access from the specified hostname, domain, IP address,
# network, or interface.
#
# Deny: denies access from the specified hostname, domain, IP address,
# network, or interface.
#
# Both "Allow" and "Deny" accept the following notations for addresses:
#
#     All
#     None
#     *.domain.com
#     .domain.com
#     host.domain.com
#     nnn.*
#     nnn.nnn.*
#     nnn.nnn.nnn.*
#     nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
#     nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/mm
#     nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm
#     @LOCAL
#     @IF(name)
#
# The host and domain address require that you enable hostname lookups
# with "HostNameLookups On" above.
#
# The @LOCAL address allows or denies from all non point-to-point
# interfaces.  For example, if you have a LAN and a dial-up link,
# @LOCAL could allow connections from the LAN but not from the dial-up
# link.  Similarly, the @IF(name) address allows or denies from the
# named network interface, e.g. @IF(eth0) under Linux.  Interfaces are
# refreshed automatically (no more than once every 60 seconds), so
# they can be used on dynamically-configured interfaces, e.g. PPP,
# 802.11, etc.
#

So if you have more than one machine on the network, you might consider
changing the "Allow From" statements to read something like

 Allow From 192.168.0.*

(assuming that your network mask is 192.168.0. , which it may not be).
Modify for your actual network configuration.

Sorry, I use Samba to connect to the network printer, as it's connected
to a Windows box, so I can't help much more. Hope this is helpful though.

Holly