On Dec 1, 2005, at 9:52 am, Neil Bothwick wrote:
KDE is slotted and you have both 3.4.1 and 3.3.2 installed.

emerge -P kdegraphics will get rid of the older version. You can get rid
of all the older KDE packages with

qpkg -I -nc -g kde-base | xargs emerge -P

That cleared out quite a lot, but if I run `emerge -Pp` I see that there's lots of other slotted packages on my system (see attached).

The warnings in emerge's manpage are quite clear about the use of -P so, having cleared out KDE 3.3.2 components, I have to ask if there's a safe way to determine if there's any other unnecessary crap on my system.

TIA,

Stroller.

>>> These are the packages that I would unmerge:

 app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd
    selected: 4.1-r3 4.0-r3 3.0-r3
   protected: 3.1-r3
     omitted: none

 app-text/docbook-xml-dtd
    selected: 4.3
   protected: 4.1.2-r5
     omitted: none

 sys-devel/automake
    selected: 1.5 1.8.5-r3 1.6.3 1.7.9-r1 1.4_p6
   protected: 1.9.6-r1
     omitted: none

 app-text/docbook-xml-simple-dtd
    selected: 4.1.2.4-r2