On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:50:24 +0000 (UTC)
James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you receiving and correctly displaying HDTV broadcast over the air
> with these cards? If so, Which one do you like better for HDTV reception?
> We're moving to all HDTV broadcast in my area of Florida in early 2006...

No,  I'm not doing any off-the-air.  Just S-VHS in.  Also, the Hauppauge card
is Std Def only, or more exactly - MPEG2.  Over the air broadcast, and most
cable
and sat.  broadcasts are not of interest to me - the content tends to suck.

> Do you have a wireless (infrared) remote controller working with either card,
> for channel surfing HDTV?

I played with the remote that came with the Hauppauge, but never got it working.
As I'm close to the screen, the remote doesn't really do more than get lost.  So
as lirc has improved, I never made much effort.

> Any Recommendations on a remote controller with this sort of setup?

I've read that Ati's remote works well.  But mostly it seems that how much
effort
you're willing to put into the details is the main issue on remotes.

Bob
-