On Friday 02 December 2005 07:25, Shawn Singh wrote:
> I guess I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but when I want to
> get a local copy of a website I do this:
>
> nohup wget -m http://www.someUrL.org &
>
> Shawn
>
> On 12/2/05, Robert Persson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have been trying all afternoon to make local copies of web pages from a
> > netscape bookmark file. I have been wrestling with httrack (through
> > khttrack), pavuk and wget, but none of them work. httrack and pavuk seem
> > claim they can do the job, but they can't, or at least not in any way an
> > ordinary mortal could be expected to work out. They do things like
> > pretending
> > to download hundreds of files without actually saving them to disk,
> > crashing
> > suddenly and frequently, and popping up messages saying that I haven't
> > contributed enough code to their project to expect the thing to work
> > properly. I don't want to do anything hideously complicated. I just want
> > make local copies of some bookmarked pages. What tools should I be using?
> >
> > I would be happy to use a windows tool in wine if it worked. I would be
> > happy
> > to reboot into Windows if I could get this job done.
> >
> > One option would be to feed wget a list of urls. The trouble is I don't
> > know
> > how to turn an html bookmark file into a simple list of urls. I imagine I
> > could do it in sed if I spent enough time to learn sed, but my afternoon
> > has
> > gone now and I don't have the time.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Robert
> > --
> > Robert Persson
> >
> > "Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
> > (US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)
> >
> > --
>
> --
> Shawn Singh

i use httrack linux and windows versions, generally without problems,
sometimes fails parse dinamic content websites but man httrack has plenty
options described. in previous work (windows only) i run daily task with
httrack to get fresh rar files with database updates.
if there realy no files and dirs created in ~/websites folder, try to check
write permissions or is there any space left.

--
Linux 2.6.15-rc2 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
 11:18:28 up 45 min,  7 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00