On 12/6/05, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How do you switch xorg.conf files between kernels? Here are the file

With difficulty. :-)

As others have said, /dev/input/mice is the _highly_ recommended
standard for 2.6.  For protocol in the X.org configuration, this
should work with IMPS/2, ExplorerPS/2, or Auto.

Also, do you have gpm running?  If so, does it help if you turn it off??

> The kernel configuration:

Thanks, looks ok to me, although as others mentioned, /dev/psaux is
deprecated (but should still be functional).

One thing that didn't show up due to the command I gave you is the
settings for CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X and
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y.  The configure help says these are
only used for digitizer tablets, but maybe they can have some other
effect as well.  Maybe check and make sure these are not 0,0.

I guess something else to try is to compile PS2 mouse support as a
module (CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=m), and see if rmmod'ing and modprobing it
makes any difference.

If none of this helps, maybe "grep -i mouse /var/log/Xorg.0.log" will
give us some more ideas.

-Richard