Mark Knecht wrote:

I'm sure that's possible. I could even use her current Win ME box in
some sort of dual boot config I suppose. However the reason I didn't
start with that idea is that I am not there to hand hold her. If she's
running Gnome how do I ensure that everything is saved on the main
machine and not the thin client. I fear that this whole path, while
certainly possible, might cause me too much work. Please remember this
is a 75 year old lady who has never used Linux. ;-)

I haven't actually set anything up like this, but I was talking to the local person at the computer lab and suggested it, but they decided to stay with the dark side and all it's problems.

I understand that all the info is saved on the "big" computer as (IIRC) the thin clients were diskless, I believe.

It has been a few years since I first investigated this project.

Sorry I can't help more.

--
Phil
My Home Page: http://fancypiper.info