On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:37:33 -0700, Tom Smith wrote:

> Actually, Pro IS the server product... What makes them different is the
> license code. They haven't officially released the "Terminal Server"
> product yet in that they're not officially advertising it. What I've got
> is the "initial" release of Pro. And if you look at the User Manual for
> Pro, you'll see a section for the Terminal Server functionality.

We disagree. Pro and Server are separate products. Pro is Pro. It is a W4L
version to run W2K and XP only. It is a client product.

snip...

> The biggest problem with WTS 3 is that the fricking Num Lock doesn't
> work on ANY Linux distro I've tried EXCEPT MDK 9.2.

Try using numlockx.

> It's odd you say bad things about Pro. I've seen several other comments
> about it and they've all been good. What types of issues are you or
> other people having with it?

Well, first of all, I _don't_ use it. I had evaluated it. It is dog slow.
You must install kqemu to get any performance out of it. Mercifully, they
included it with the product. However, most reports are that it takes a
long time to load and programs are v e r y slow. Read the forum pages.

Also, you noted that W4L 9x is at version 6? This is incorrect. Version 5
is current. And there _IS_ a win4lin in portage. 5.1.1 is the latest and
current. However note that the kernel patches for 2.6.14 don't exactly
work right. Again read their forum pages.

Win4Lin 9x: http://www.win4lin.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4
Win4Lin Pro: http://www.win4lin.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6

Good luck.