I've been having trouble getting udev to create stuff with the right
permissions. The latest is with my phone which has a USB Mass Storrage
Interface. I've added this line to my 10-local.rules:

# My Phone
BUS="usb", SYSFS{interface}="Sony Erics Memory Stick",
KERNEL="sd?1",NAME="%k", SYMLINK="phonemem", GROUP="users",  MODE="0660"

Which sort of works. It creates the /dev/phonemem symlink to /dev/sdc1
when I plug my phone in. However instead of giving it the group
permissions I suggest it still selects disk:

malory rules.d # ls -l /dev/phonemem
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 4 Jan  9 01:00 /dev/phonemem -> sdc1
malory rules.d # ls -l /dev/sdc1
brw-rw----  1 root disk 8, 33 Jan  9 01:00 /dev/sdc1
malory rules.d # ls -l /dev/sdc
brw-rw----  1 root disk 8, 32 Jan  9 01:00 /dev/sdc

I was under the impression that configuring things in 10-local should
overide any of the following general stuff in the main body of rules.
Have I come across a bug or have I just not understood the subtly of
creating the rule?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
Sherrif: "His story had kind of an odor to it." Inara: "Yes. It's not