On Thursday 12 January 2006 17:36, Dale wrote:
> OK.  I'm trying to send this through Kmail.  Mozilla stopped working again.
>
> I'm not sure how it is set up.  I just set it up when I did my install a
> long time ago and gave it my user name and password.  It worked all this
> time and now it stops and it is starting to TICK ME OFF.
>
> If you get this, Kmail works, Mozilla doesn't.  I just tried Mozilla, same
> stupid error as before.
>
> I do connect to my ISP with a dial-up.  I'm not trying to "relay" though
> some other website or anything.  I connect to exceedtech.net and that is
> what I use to send my email through.
>
> I'm clueless.  Maybe a fresh install will help.  LOL
>
> Dale
>
> :-)

OK.  I tried something a little different.  I created a new user, dale2.  I
logged in with that user then set up all the stuff to connect to the net.
Then I tried to send email with Mozilla, same error.  It looks like it is not
a user setting but maybe something with Mozilla itself, since Kmail works OK
now.

I'm going to recompile Mozilla just in case it is a bad file or something.
I'll post back and let you know what happens.

This is some weird crap.

Thanks for the help.  Will keep you posted.  Feel free to throw me any ideas
though.  This is my last hope except to delete everything and start over,
Mozilla wise.

Dale
:-)