On Friday 13 January 2006 06:51, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 06:15:40 -0600, Dale wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # su dale
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] / $ mozilla
> > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> > Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> By default, su does not allow access to X. You can mess around
> setting and exporting $DISPLAY, or you can use sux instead of su. sux is
> a shell wrapper for su that takes care of this.
>
> Or you could log in as dale in the first place. I don't see why you need
> su at all.

This is for both Holly and Neil.  I login to my GUI as dale, not root.  I just
use the konsole with root access for doing a emerge or copying files over or
something.  I also use it to ssh into other boxes, restart my network etc etc
etc.  As far as where my GUI is concerned, it won't let me login as root.  I
am logged into my GUI as dale though.  I also tried dale2 and a very new user
named test.  Mozilla will not start with them either.  I will try them again
after this email though, making sure there is no running mozilla this time.

I also use that konsole as root because it will allow root to kill a process
that little old dale can't.  Some of those Mozilla processes that were
running were running as root, not sure why.  It never did that before.

I did also open a regular console, as dale not root, and when I type in
Mozilla, it gives me this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ mozilla
No running windows found

** (mozilla-bin:20715): WARNING **: Owner of /tmp/orbit-dale2 is not the c

urrent user

Since I use dale for the most part, I trashed the orbit-dale2 file and it
still won't start.  It just comes back to a prompt and that is it.

Any more ideas?  Sorry on the confusion.  I confuse myself sometimes too.  LOL
Like right about now.

Thanks

Dale