On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 08:41:08AM +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was following the thread "problem with firefox + netscape-flash"
> because flash doesn't work for me either, but the OP's solution was to
> remove the debug use flag from firefox, which I don't have anyway.

In the previous thread I used firefox-1.0.7-r4 (stable gentoo) and the
problem started when I switched to 1.5 so I unmerged both firefox and
flash and then reinstall them.

but I choosed the flash plugin from macromedia.com and and now it
works well

> So, I unmerged netscape-flash, deleted any macromedia directories or
> stale flash plugins lying around, and reinstalled netscape-flash.
>
> When I go to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ I get the
> firefox message "Additional plugins are required to display all the
> media on this page."
>
> Then I click on the "Install Missing Plugins..." and after a status bar
> it says:
>
> No suitable plugins were found.
> Unknown Plugin [Manual Install]

> The "Manual Install" button takes me to "Shockwave Player Download
> Center" which says "We are unable to locate a Web player that matches
> your platform and browser."
>
> Now what?  netscape-flash is the right ebuild for firefox isn't it?

Yes but "netscape-flash" is only flash not shockwave, so only flash
should work fine. I'm not shure but I think there's no shockwave for
linux...

bye
Giulio