Well, after some additional crappy support from Netraverse, I decided to
dig deeper into the whole mouse synchronization problem. At first, all
the information I found about it indicated the problem to be with the
emulated video driver (from what I understood, anyway) and that the
solution would be found there and required fixing the video driver. I
decided to email the folks at RealVNC to see if maybe there was just
something going on with the VNC server/client--since QEMU/Bochs work
fine from the console, it made sense that there may be something missing
or wrong with the VNC software (I happen to use the free RealVNC). They
responded...

They suggested that RealVNC Personal or Enterprise would correct the
problem, so I grabbed the free trials of Enterprise. It actually
resolved the issue--there's a feature called Relative Pointer Motion
that, when enabled, syncs the local cursor perfectly to the cursor in
QEMU and Bochs.

I thought this one might be useful to others having the same problem.

~ Tom