On 2/4/06, Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If this was my computer, I'd go into single user mode, set the partition read
> only and run fsck on it. Use the -N switch on the first pass and see if
> everything is alright with the file system.

Agreed.

Also if you have ACL support enabled, you should check the ACLs for
the file and make sure they grant root access to the file.

Also, double check your kernel configuration for any security options
you have.  I use CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES, and I know that I have
some bizarre permissions issues if I don't load capability.ko.

-Richard