Hello,

i solved my problems concering the nvidia-driver and the splash-theme delay.

Nvidia-driver works after upgrading to 1.0.8178-r3 and the splash-theme
starts immediately after the boot message as i updated my kernel to
2.6.15.gentoo-r4.

But one problem still remains, the display is displaced to the left in
all my console windows on boot up, after i logged into my gnome-session
the display fits perfect. When i use the button for automatically
configuring the monitor on boot up, the console windows are looking
fine, but when i log into gnome the display is displaced in the other
direction.

What can i do to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance,

Daniel