On Monday 20 February 2006 22:50, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> So my question is: Aren't there any mime type and/or magic file experts
> here that can extent the magic file to recognise *.pps files correctly?

If you are in KDE, then right clicking on the file should give you a "Open
with..." option in the context menu. Choose that, browse to the application
you want to use to open the file and then check the "Remember application
association...". This will set the mime type in KDE. Now just double click
the file and it will open in your desired application.

If you are rather using Gnome, then I am sure someone using that DE will have
some ideas.

--
Regards,
Abhay