On Thursday 02 March 2006 04:58 Holly Bostick was like:
>  Robert, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but there's a high chance
> that you have just run into one of the reasons that people say the ATI
> drivers "suck".

Hee hee.  I'm not 100% surprised.

My CAD$50 from my mother-in-law for my birthday is either 1/3 of a microphone
or 1/4 of a laser printer. I'm already in an agony of indecision about it
all. I think the nvidia card will have to wait.

On the other hand I do have a voodoo banshee pci card. It's currently disabled
because I don't know how to configure X to use both it and the ati drivers.
If I could get it going might I be able to open those awkward programs on the
second monitor?

And can I, in fact, actually get a multi-head setup mixing ati and x.org
drivers? I tried in the past and failed. I'm unsure about how to lay out the
xorg.conf because the radeon 9200se is itself a multi-head card (i.e. vga and
tv out).

Anyway, many thanks, Holly, for a very useful and informative reply.

Robert

--
Robert Persson

Conspiracy Bears:
Once upon a time there were lots of conspiracy bears...