HI
This mail is not directly related to gentoo.
I have gentoo,ubuntu 5.10 on my system and using FC3 since it was released.

I tried to install FC4 on my system by sharing the swap and /home partition between FC4 and ubuntu. The installation went well. I did not install KDE in FC4.
I was well aware of permission screw ups that this could lead to, hence I did not create any user (The UID and GID of root is preserved across Linux distros)

I booted in as root and created a new user with UID and GID same as on ubuntu.
Now I booted in GNOME and it was completely configured!!!! Moreover gaim started and signed me in to all my accounts!!! This was first time login...

My question is that can sharing /home okay for a long run or will it lead to problems.
Also can other file systems like /usr be shared along with this and if it can be  then under what restrictions??
If any one has done this please let me know.

Sumeet