Lord Sauron wrote:

>>Either they have a new bootloader or you mean grub.  I have used Lilo
>>and now use grub.  IMHO, grub is better.
>>

>Yes, I mean grub.  I had a small technical difficulty : )

For me, that would be not being able to type worth a hoot.  My sig on
the forums says I can't type good.

>><snip>
>>
>>I hope some of this makes sense.  I have been where you are now and it
>>is a bit . . . . scary.
>>

>Hmm... maybe not scary as much as being assaulted with too many new
>things all at once.  It makes it very hard to find where to dip your
>toe into the larger pool of information.
>
>--
>========== GCv3.12 ==========
>GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+
>L++ E--- W+(+++) N++ o? K? w--- O? M+
>V? PS- PE+ Y-(--) PGP- t+++ 5? X R tv-- b+
>                DI+++ D+ G e* h- !r !y
>========= END GCv3.12 ========

Weeeelllll, this Gentoo Linux.  I can tell you that once you get Gentoo
up and running, it is awesome.  I have used Mandrake and it was OK until
it came time to upgrade.  It also didn't teach me much.  Installing
Gentoo taught me a lot.  It takes time but it is worth it in the end.
There are also some good folks on here and the forums to help get you
through.  Just hope you like to search and read a lot.  Forums are a
great place to search.

Go here:  www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/3196/5/  and read
this section:  "4.3. Configuring the kernel"  That should help.  That is
a old guide for the older kernels but some of it still applies.  That
should help you a lot though.

Hope that helps.  Keep your chin up.

Dale
:-)