[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>cut
>

>>I thought you had to have ppds use flage in /etc/make.conf in order for
>>the ppd files to be generated (compiled?) No?
>>

>That was the question! Should I?
>And after?
>
>Bye
>emilio

After emerging hplip you will notice info re: ppds. If I'm not mistaken,
emerging hplip without the "ppds" USE flag will not create the ppd files
needed. Once you emerge hplip with the ppds USE flag the ppd files will
be created. Then when you go to set-up your printer in CUPS, your
printer will be listed. I'm not sure if PSC 1410 is listed, checking
hp.com I noticed that the driver file (winxp) for PSC 1410 and 1510 is
the same file. If 1410 isn't listed try the 1510.

HTH

--
Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C