Ted Ozolins wrote:

>After emerging hplip you will notice info re: ppds. If I'm not mistaken,
>emerging hplip without the "ppds" USE flag will not create the ppd files
>needed. Once you emerge hplip with the ppds USE flag the ppd files will
>be created. Then when you go to set-up your printer in CUPS, your
>printer will be listed. I'm not sure if PSC 1410 is listed, checking
>hp.com I noticed that the driver file (winxp) for PSC 1410 and 1510 is
>the same file. If 1410 isn't listed try the 1510.
>
>HTH

I looked in mine and it goes from 1310 to 1600.  You can dig around on
either the HP site or Cups site and get the exact one or one that is
really close.  It will tell you where to put it to so it will show up.
I had to do that with my HP DeskJet 3820 at first.  It's just a text
file that gives cups all the options for the printer.

Oh, in my USE line I have hpijs and ppds.  I think that is all I changed
on mine.  If you change yours, do a emerge -Nvp world to recompile with
those options.

Hope that helps.  If you need me to I may can dig around and find that
file for you.

Dale
:-)