Hi Guys,

        I asked this in the vlc mail-list already and was replied that VLC
don't use external libraries like win32codecs. As such, it is not able
to play rmvb (real Media) files and also it's current quicktime support
is broken.

I looked at the ebuild for vlc in gentoo and noticed the win32codecs USE
flag. However, it does not seem to me that it is being honored in the
compilation of VLC.

Doing a configure --help of a VLC source does not have anything which
shows the win32codecs usage.

Has anyone in this list been able to successfully integrate Win32codecs
into VLC and hence be able to play Quicktime/rmvb files?

It is said that some Debian Sid people has managed to integrate it into
their custom compilation. If anyone knows anything, would appreciate
some heads up.

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!